Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Criminal Minds the Video Game




LOS ANGELES, CA (August 17, 2010) – I admit it. I was late to the game. I never really started watching the Criminal Minds TV series until about a year ago when I caught a marathon of episodes late at night. I couldn't tear myself away! Each episode was captivatingly creepy and refreshingly different from the vast majority of the other "cop" shows on television. Little did I know that six months later I'd be tapped as the designer and producer for a light adventure/casual game version of the Criminal Minds license. Obviously I was met immediately with a very unique set of challenges in trying to translate a show that revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze and hunt down the country's most twisted criminal minds into something the intended audience of gamers would enjoy as much as I do. The show is darkly lit, contains disturbing themes, features a large cast of characters at different locations each episode, and plots that are driven primarily by very abstract psychological profiling. Where to begin?


To know more go to: http://www.spawnpoint.com/news/23836/Criminal_Minds_For_Pc_Mac_In_Developer_Diary_1




Criminal Minds for PC/MAC is scheduled for release in December 2010, and will be available on Legacy Games and at leading retailers.